Currently being studied in our book study group.
Palmer Becker's book Anabaptist Essentials: Ten Signs of a Unique Christian Faith is a great summary of the Anabaptist way of being church. It outlines 9 themes in 3 sections which describe how Anabaptist differs from other expressions of Christianity.
Jesus is the center of Our Faith
- Christian is discipleship.
- Scripture is interpreted through Jesus.
- Jesus is Lord!
Community Is the Center of Our Life
- Forgiveness is essential for community.
- God’s will is discerned in community.
- Members are held accountable.
Reconciliation Is the Center of Our Work
- Individuals are reconciled to God.
- Members are reconciled to each other.
- Conflicts in the world are reconciled.
And connecting it all together
- The Holy Spirit’s work is essential.